Malala's Aim
By: Naima Mamataz
In the fights, in the argumentsshe still didn't step back,
knowing something terrible will happen if she did,
knowing that this one fear will not harm her
She spoke and spoke,
not about nonsense
but about something that makes her an one of a kind person
and did not even dare to give up
the courage she had from her dad,
was the only support she needed
to change the lives of girls.
the only aim she wanted was to get girls educated,
but no,
the Taliban didn't want that to happen,
so they did something to cause fear in her,
shot her.
that one bullet could've made her weak,
the opposite happened,
it made her even stronger
the courage she had,
doubled,
the pain she got,
diminished
Her fight still went on,
her father's belief in her remained,
the world is now praising her,
for the voice she first raised,
for girls like her to get freedom,
for the pain she gained,
All these things was for her aim,
the freedom of,
education for girls.
She is a young brave girl,
an one of a kind person,
she is Malala Youfazi.
This poem is based on the aim of what Malala Youfazi wanted. Her story inspired me a lot, and therefore I made an poem based on the struggles and aim she handled.
An poem I got inspired by was "My Childhood" By: Matthew Zapruder, and by getting inspired from that, I wrote an poem based on my childhood.
Naima's Childhood
By: Naima Mamataz
My first hands on a computer,to my brother's first teachings
My first "out of the country trip",
to actually knowing my culture
My first friend promise,
to a first play date,
from my grandma passing away,
to tears spreading out from my eyes
The first time meeting my best friend,
to loving her dearly as a sister
From leaving old relationships,
to getting new ones,
From getting to know my other close friend,
to caring for each other
My old memories,
to new ones,
From the past,
to now, the present

I really liked how well you described Malala's life in your poem. I thought your second poem had so much emotion in it. I thought it had a nice amount of positive and negative moments of your childhood.
ReplyDelete