Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Monday Muses-Poetry Writing Prompts



       This is a poem that I wrote from a perspective of a person I’ve gotten in an argument with. 

HOW COULD SHE!?
I’m losing my temper,
And am about to hit her,
The loud noises my neighbors are hearing,
Are coming from me,
Only because she said something,
That hurt me.
I’ve never expected this from her,
And now I have the same feeling,
She had towards me.
Now she made rifts in memories like spending time with me at the sea.
All of this because she hates me.



The challenge I took was writing about my own perspective of the argument.

HATRED
Looking into her red eyes
Shouts coming straight from her mouth
Hands raising,
Anger rising,
Everything getting out of control.
These thoughts that I have in my mind,
Will come true,
As soon as I tell her
I hate you.


A six word poem I made was,
Solemn feeling, intense tears appearing uncontrollably.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Naima, I loved how you took three of your favorite prompts and did them all nicely. I love the names of your poems and the story behind them. I can tell you put some feeling into your poems and thought in your six word memoir. You did an EXCELLENT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your poems were very moving and emotional. I could tell you put a lot of emotion in them and a lot of descriptive details. I thought you did a great job including literary devices, too.

    ReplyDelete