Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Muses #2



My favorite picture book was Frog and Toad are Friends. It includes five different stories, of how the two friends, or the main characters, Frog and Toad spend time with each other. One of the stories describes how Toad tried to help Frog feel better, when he was sick. Another story was when toad lost his button and Frog tried to help him find it. The third story was about when Toad was looking funny in a swim suit, but Frog tried not to laugh. The fourth story was about how Frog found a way to make Toad agree to wake up from his long hibernation. The fifth story described of how Frog helps Toad to be happy by sending him a letter. I would adore each and every one of these stories when I was little, since each and every one of them had an interesting concept.
            It was my favorite picture book because the stories it includes, I think it portrays a new interesting view to me of how friends should care for each other. Also when I was in first grade, I had many memories related to it. The themes it included really actually taught something in real life, like always care for your friends, especially when they need you the most. An memory I had with this book, was that one day I had a fight with my friend Nermin, and I got mad at her when she should've have been mad at me. Later in the day of first grade, when it was our reading period, I read Frog and Toad are Friends. It made me realize how wrong I was, and how badly I treated her, by becoming to know one of the themes I mentioned earlier. After our reading period was over, I quickly went to her and said sorry. That was an special memory I had through this book, because if I hadn’t read that book, I would never have realized how wrong I was.
            Another memory I also had related to the book was when my brother would read me it even if I didn’t want to listen to it. That is also a reason why it is relevant to my life today, because now since my brother is in college, he is busy, and doesn’t have time to spend with me, and before when I was little, he would at least sit down and read with me. Now since I’m in middle school I really don’t enjoy this book, as much as I used to do when I was in first grade, but I will not forget about it, since there are memories that are attached to it. Eventually, I would love to read this in the future to my little cousin, when he is smart and mature enough for it.

1 comment:

  1. I read Frog and Toad, I like it a lot too. I like how you included an anecdote, and how you connect with this book.

    ReplyDelete